Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alaska and back again!




Here i am, back in the "lower 48". I cannot explain how much i am loving having shaved legs. Its been three months since i shaved, and i have shaved my legs twice since being back. Maybe its the summer, maybe its that i have found shorts on my gams once again, maybe its the smooth!
Anyhow, back in the 98 degree weather from the 55 degree average of Alaska. I love it. Fresh fruit, swimming in the river, going outside after the sun is down without a SWEATER! although, the mosquitoes are worse here in utah than they were in AK. The frequency of attacks is far greater in utah. The size though, puny compared to the blood hawks of AK.

A few posts to come about Alaska, about the different experiences i had in different locations. This picture is from Becharof, my first location.


I come back with the ability to swing an axe for hours. I come back with calluses on my toes and on the palm of my hand. I come back with an appreciation for hot water and shaved legs, clean hair and deodorant. I come back with an appreciation for the human spirit and its ability to coexist in natural communities. I come back with a love for trails and an eye for outslopes and backslopes. I come back with a passion for habitat and user friendly land management. I come back and will return in a matter of weeks.

----
what i'm listening to right now:
Fat Freddy's Drop- Based on a True Story

1 comment: